Red Cross Lifeguard Training – 2019 Information and Registration Form
The Wedgewood Club is offering the following training classes this year, taught by Thomas Roudabush and his staff of New England Health & Safety Training.
Lifeguard Re-certification Class
Needed if you took LG training 2 or more years ago
June 2: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm Fee: $150
Fee: $250 Students must be age 15 by the last day of class. No exceptions!
June 22 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
June 23 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
*Books for the class will be given out the first day of class and collected on the last day of class. Students will have free access to the book online after class is over or it can be purchased for $35.
Water Safety Instruction
Fee: $250 Students must be age 16 by the last day of class. No exceptions!
June 24 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
June 25 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
June 26 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Important Information for Class
1. Students are responsible for an additional $35.00 fee for the WSI class, payable online to the Red Cross when they register for the online portion of this class.
2. WSI and Lifeguard Certification class are “blended learning” classes. This means the student must complete online work for the class. The online portion will take approximately 10-15 hours to complete.
3. Students will be emailed login information for the online portion of the classes from Tom Roudabush after emailing Suzanne Stuzynski with registration intent and contact information.
Other Important Information for All Classes
1. On the first day of class students need to bring proof of age or they will not be able to start the course (passport, copy of birth certificate).
2. For each class students will need a pencil, towel and bathing suit, sunscreen, insect repellant and a water bottle. There will be classroom work and practice in the pool each day. Meet at the barn.
If a registered student does not pass the required skills test, he or she will not be allowed to continue the course. There will be an administrative and testing fee of $50. There are no refunds once the full course has started.
Contact Suzanne Stuzynski at email@example.com or 617.755.8930
Bring a check for the class or classes made out to Thomas Roudabush. DO NOT make the check out to The Wedgewood Club.
When is Registration Due?
All dates and times for the classes are also listed on the information/registration form. In order for classes to start, there is a minimum of 6 students. Please click here for registration forms .